How to re-create actress Haley Bennett's Glamorous Look from the Rome Film Festival, created by Giannandrea, Celebrity stylist and HPx Creative Director
Giannandrea, one of the most in-demand celebrity stylists and Creative Director for Hair Prescriptives hair care, recently worked his hair magic on “it-girl” Haley Bennett at the Rome Film Festival. The inspiration for her look was a “regal, modern, glamourous updo with a sense of romanticism,” according to Giannandrea.
“This soft, yet elegant, updo is the perfect choice for contemporary aesthetic that blends a classical imperial theme of a romantic era with a modern soft braided crown. This paired perfectly with her magnificent dress by Dolce & Gabbana.”
Giannandrea’s look is perfect for any occasion, and he shares how to achieve this look in a few simple steps:
- Blow dry freshly washed hair with a large round brush in sections to create overall volume. On Haley, I had 12 sections in total. One each section is dry, apply a working hair spray to each section and pin into place, and let the hair cool down for a few minutes.
- Once a few minutes have passed, release the hair from the pins and use a Mason & Person boar brush (or similar) and brush through hair lightly to amplify the whole volume.
- Using a tail comb, create a triangle on top part of the head from temples to top crown. Then clip/pin that place for it will be the last part of the hair to be gathered prior to finishing.
- Now split the back of the head in 2 sections. Brush each section upwards to the top side of crown. Use a thin elastic band and create a ponytail (that will be braided afterwards).
- Once you have the ponytails done, I recommend using Hair Prescriptives Daily Nourishing Styling Cream (3.3 oz. / $34.50). I used a small dab, emulsified in my hands/fingers and ran it only through in the ponytail before braiding.
- Now braid each pony lightly and cleanly. Regular braid – nothing too complicated is needed. Tighten the end of the pony with a very small clear elastic band once complete. The back and sides of hair are up into 2 braids now.
- It’s now time to take triangle section on top down. Brush it sideways to allow the hair to cover the temples and part of the sides. Gather the hair on top between the braids and wrap it into a small bun.
- Take one of the braids, starting from back to front direction, and wrap it around the bun while pinning it in place as you go around it. Take the second braid and do the same around - just pin it in place to create a double top crown.
“Make sure the braids are secured into the top bun! Once complete, open up the braids slightly using your fingers. The front part hair must be kept into a side soft top swooping volume. Leave little bits of hair around the face and ears to enhance the overall softness and frame the face!”